Thursday, January 1, 2009

Books Read in 2008

I keep a list of all the books I read--for pleasure, not for work--each year.

1. King Dork • Frank Portman
2. Good Masters, Sweet Ladies • Laura Amy Schlitz
3. Long May She Reign • Ellen Emerson White
4. The Plain Janes • Cecil Castelucci & Jim Rugg
5. The Secret Language • Ursula Nordstrom
6. The New Policeman • Kate Thompson
7. The Time Traveler’s Wife • Audrey Niffenegger
8. The White Darkness • Gerald McCaughrean
9. The Dollhouse Murders • Betty Ren Wright
10. My Louisiana Sky • Kimberly Willis Holt
11. The Red Queen’s Daughter • Jacqueline Kolosov
12. Spook • Mary Roach
13. The House of the Scorpion • Nancy Farmer
14. Wait Till Helen Comes • Mary Downing Hahn
15. Before I Die • Jenny Downham
16. River Secrets • Shannon Hale
17. Waiting for Normal • Leslie Connor
18. Little Brother • Cory Doctorow
19. The Underneath • Kathi Appelt
20. The Hunger Games • Suzanne Collins
21. Sun & Spoon • Kevin Henkes
22. Eclipse • Stephenie Meyer
23. Breaking Dawn • Stephenie Meyer
24. Just Listen • Sarah Dessen
25. The Thief • Megan Whalen Turner
26. Queen of Attolia • Megan Whalen Turner
27. King of Attolia • Megan Whalen Turner
28. The Lucky Ones • Stephanie Greene
29. The President’s Daughter • Ellen Emerson White
30. The Year We Disappeared • Cylin Busby & John Busby
31. City of Bones • Cassandra Clare
32. Harriet the Spy • Louise Fitzghugh
33. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks • E. Lockhart
34. Forest of Hands and Teeth • Carrie Ryan
35. Graceling • Kristin Cashore
36. Alanna • Tamora Pierce
37. In the Hand of the Goddess • Tamora Pierce
38. Winter Dreams, Christmas Love • Mary Francis Shura
39. The Monsters of Templeton • Lauren Groff

5 comments:

  1. what a list. Im sure this does not include the thousands of manuscripts you read. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope--I do keep a submissions log, so I suppose I could count how many manuscripts I read last year. But even that wouldn't include the multiple reads of editing. :) Maybe that's all best left uncounted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed that you manage to read for pleasure at all considering all those submissions! I've read the two Tamara Pierce, I've always enjoyed her quartets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you via your Marketing Mondays interview. Judging by this list, I'm going to like it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I found your blog back when you were bookselling and mentioned Marlane Kennedy's lovely Me & the Pumpkin Queen. I'm flattered you've found mine!

    ReplyDelete